I recently received an e-mail from IHG Rewards Club with the subject: “Get away on your birthday.”
With that kind of e-mail, I thought IHG must’ve been offering me a free stay! Sadly, that isn’t what the offer was.
IHG is offering me the chance to earn 5,000 bonus points for staying a weekend in the next 90 days.
The e-mail states that “It’s an early birthday gift from us to you.” While I appreciate opportunities to earn bonus points, I wouldn’t really consider this a gift. Would you?
I was curious to see what IHG considered to be a weekend stay. According to the offer, a weekend stay is made up of two consecutive nights- either a Friday and Saturday or a Saturday and Sunday.
- To qualify for the bonus, registration is required.
- Must stay two consecutive nights on a weekend by 2/8/19
- Participating hotels include: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Kimpton, EVEN or HUALUXE Hotels (worldwide)
- Points will post around 4-6 weeks after your stay
- IHG Rewards Club members who have chosen miles as their earning preference will be awarded points
- This exclusive offer valid for original recipient only
While I don’t see booking a paid two- night weekend stay at an IHG property in the next few months, I still registered for the promo. I guess you never know for sure.
Have you received any birthday gifts or promo offers from hotel or airlines? If so, what did you receive?