Many of us consider Starwood points to be one of the more valuable miles & points currencies due to the ability to transfer them to airline programs.
I just received an e-mail from American Express with an offer to earn 5,000 extra Starpoints for a limited time.
With the offer you can earn 5,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in qualifying purchases. The offer is essentially giving you 2X points if you can complete the spend by the end of the promo.
5,000 bonus Starwood points does sound pretty sweet but I don’t see putting that kind of spend on my card in time to earn the bonus.
Here are the offer details:
- Enroll in the offer with your Starwood American Express card by October 31, 2016
- Spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases by December 31, 2016
- Bonus points should post in 10-12 weeks after you hit the required spend
From the T& Cs:
- Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account
- Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents
This offer was valid on my personal Amex SPG card. I no longer have a business SPG card so I don’t know if it will work with the card.
What do you think of this offer? Is it worth trying to earn? I’m going to register but like I mentioned above, I don’t think the offer will work out for me.
Find out more and enroll in the 5,000 Starwood points bonus offer (or find out if you’re eligible for it here.