Uber’s become a great way to catch a ride with just a few clicks from your mobile device. The service can also get you where you want to go at times, cheaper than taking a more traditional taxi.
There are different kinds of Uber rides you can book. with uberPOOL being a more budget-friendly option. I used uberPOOL one time and ended up having the car to myself!
Now there’s a really sweet offer for uberPOOL rides in NYC.
If you use uberPOOL during commuting hours, all rides will cost just $5!
Here is how the offer works:
- All rides must begin and end in Manhattan below 125th Street.
- $5 rides are available Monday-Friday between 7-10 AM and 5-8PM.
To request a ride: (from Uber)
- Set your pickup area and request ‘$5 POOL’ during rush hour in Manhattan below 125th Street.
- You’ll be prompted to walk to a nearby corner to meet your driver for pickup. Along your route, you may be matched with others headed the same way.
- You’ll be dropped off at a corner near your final destination. Corner pickups and dropoffs make routes more direct, so you’ll save time during your commute.
When requesting an uberPOOL you can bring a guest along for the ride just keep in mind that it will cost an additional $5.
So what do you think of $5 flat uberPOOL rides? I think this can be a very good deal for many people. I just wonder if this is really the best option for those of you in a hurry as we don’t know how long picking up/ dropping off other passengers may take.
Find out more about the $5 flat rate uberPOOL rides in NYC here.
Get a FREE Uber Ride:
If you haven’t yet signed up for an Uber account, consider using my link and you’ll get a free ride, up to $20. (After you take your ride, I’ll get credit for a free ride too.)