Lonely Planet, one of my go to sources for travel destination guides, also puts out a variety of more general pictorial guides. These make great coffee table books and gifts.
Over the summer I wrote about a Lonely Plant book (which came out October 6) which picks the top sites in the world. In Ultimate Travel, LP picked and ranked the top 500 sites.
I just received an e-mail that Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2016 has just been released!
Best in Travel 2016 features LP’s picks for “best places to travel in the year ahead“. The book doesn’t only list the best countries and cities to visit, it goes into many areas like,
- Best Value Destinations
- New Openings
- Best Animal Adventures for Families
- Super Sleeper Trains
- Best Places to Test Survival Skills
- Best Luxe Experiences for Budget Travelers
- Best Burger Experiences
- Best Moustache Destinations
- and many more!
Lonely Planet came up with their selections “drawing on the knowledge, passion and thousands of miles traveled by Lonely Planet’s editors, writers and community“.
I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely interesting in checking out Lonely Planet’s selections for a bunch of these lists!
There are a few ways to view Lonely Planet: Best in Travel 2016
- Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2016 book is currently available to purchase for $13.49 (regular price is $14.99)
- Check out LP’s Best in Travel 2016 online here
- Additionally, “the top picks will be featured in the first issue of Lonely Planet’s new US magazine, Lonely Planet, hitting newsstands November 3, 2015“.