Earlier today I received an e-mail which had what I assumed was a new offer from Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards. With the offer, I can earn 2X points on fall trips. The funny thing is that the offer actually started over a month back!
The 2x point promo started on September 14 but there is still time left to take advantage if your planning to book an upcoming flight. This is a targeted offer so if you didn’t receive a message about it, then this probably won’t help you.
(I did receive this offer for Lucas’ and my account so I’m guessing that most Rapid Rewards members received the offer?)
Here are the details about the Southwest 2X points offer:
Like I mentioned, this is a targeted offer. According to the terms, “Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable.”
To earn the bonus you’ll need to register and complete your travel by November 18, 2015. Registration must be done prior to travel and your flights must be booked through Southwest Airlines.
Some Rules: (from T&Cs)
- Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking.
- Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare.
- Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, ten bonus points on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares.
- Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards.
- Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification.
- Member will receive bonus points within four to six weeks after completion of entire ticket.
Did you receive this 2X points bonus offer from Southwest? If so, did you just find out about it or did you receive an e-mail when it started back in mid- September?