I love entering and sharing ways to win trips through various travel contests and sweepstakes.
While I’ve never come up big in any of these contests, I have won free hotel nights, points, miles and other prizes.
Here are some prizes I’ve won:
- 1,000 Marriott Points from a Facebook sweepstakes.
- Free Night at Radisson which I used at the Radisson Blu Mall of America.
- DoubleTree Sweet Dreams Pillow
- 10,000 Gold Points in Club Carlson’s #HashtagHotel
- $500 Expedia Voucher for participating in the #ExpediaChat on Twitter.
- Delta Sky Club One Day Pass in the #TravelSkills Chat
- Lufthansa First Class Duck through a Twitter contest
- Other prizes that I can’t recall at the moment…
I just came across one of the most interesting contests ever in which you can win a free flight to London on Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy!
To win the flight, you’ll need to apply for the job (of flying Premium Economy)…
A job listing was put up on LinkedIn by Virgin Atlantic. In the listing they are looking for a Freelance Flyer- Premium Economy.
Here are some details about the “Job Description”:
Virgin Atlantic’s Premium Economy division has openings on flights headed to London, England from the United States.
Virgin wants to know, “Are you an experience hungry, goal oriented person?
Are you seeking an opportunity with guaranteed upward mobility?
Do you thrive in environments with room for growth, especially in the leg region?
Would you accept a window position?”
They’d like for you to make the most of every opportunity and “share your experience of the trip and inspire others to take their goals to the next level“.
Compensation (The Prize): (from LinkedIn)
- Round trip transportation from city of origin to London, England
- The chance to achieve a meaningful personal goal
- A welcome glass of bubbly to toast to the adventure ahead
- A three course meal with the option of three entrees, to fuel your creativity inflight
- Ability to socialize and snack at will from the “Wander Wall”
- Large leather seats with as much room as US domestic business class, so you can stretch out and focus on the task ahead
- A window position in a dedicated cabin with WiFi and AC power outlet, so you can customize how you spend your time in the air
- Two checked bags so you can pack an extra portfolio or leave room for shopping
- No purchase is necessary
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States & DC
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of entry
- Enter by October 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM ET
How Do You Apply?
Write a cover letter (1,500 characters or less) about what your objective is for this trip. Virgin Atlantic wants to know “how a Premium Economy flight to London will have a positive influence on your goals“.
At the time of writing there were 106 applicants for this position. If you’re interested in being hired to fly Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic, you can check out the LinkedIn here. If you’d like to head right on over to the entry page, click here.
(FYI- I found out about this promo from an article on Travel + Leisure.)