There’s been lots of posts today about an exciting, new partnership between Starwood and Uber where you can earn one Starpoint for every $1 spent on Uber. More points can be earned during Starwood Hotel stays.
(Rather than write a post about it, find out the details from View From the Wing here.)
Along with the ability to earn Starpoints for Uber rides, some of us will be able to request “a special SPG car and experience a #SuiteRide“. If you get a #SuiteRide, you’ll be in for some big surprises…
Uber #SuiteRides will be available in five cities– Dubai, London, Mexico City, New York, and San Francisco on February 28 from 2 PM- 7 PM local time.
Everyone that gets a #SuiteRide will get:
- 15,000 Starpoints– enough for a free night at any qualifying Starwood Hotel
- Products from one of Starwood’s Hotels
SPG Branded Uber’s will include “features and amenities from Starwood’s nine distinct brands” (St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Westin, Le Méridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft, and Element).
Amenities & Features Will Include: (from Uber’s Blog)
- Westin Hotels – an invitation to indulge in its signature well-being amenities, including a 10-minute Headspace meditation session, a Westin Heavenly Robe, and a Westin White Tea Travel Set.
- W Hotels – a blend of iconic design and contemporary luxury will immerse riders in an extraordinary experience featuring LED mood lighting, music inspired by W, and a Bliss Spa travel pack.
- St. Regis – a luxurious ride combining classic sophistication with modern sensibility where riders will enjoy fresh flowers; jazz music; Beyond, The St. Regis Magazine; and the St Regis Bloody Mary book.
- Aloft – a modern, fresh and fun experience including a mini-refuel kit and free wifi for the tech savvy traveler.
How do you request a #SuiteRide?
- Make sure to link your SPG & Uber accounts. This took under 2 minutes and is super-easy. If you haven’t done so, you can link accounts here.
- On Saturday, February 28 between 2 PM & 7 PM open up your Uber app
- Request the “SPG” option
- Lucky “requesters” will receive 15,000 SPG Starpoints & amenities from a Starwood brand.
- Rides are limited- first come, first served basis and only one #SuiteRide per Uber account is allowed.
Find out more about #SuiteRide from Uber’s blog here.
- Starwood Offers Breakfast For A Buck
- Hotel Review: Le Meridien St Julians, Malta
- Le Meridien Refunds 7,000 SPG Points For Troubles
- Uber- Can Someone Please Explain The Big Deal
- Woman Passes Out, Taken On $293 Uber Ride
- $94 For 2 Mile Cab Ride: Uber’s Surge Pricing
- Apparently, She Didn’t Read My Beware Of Uber Surge Pricing Post
- Uber Surge Pricing on NYE, Should Riders Be Annoyed?
- $908 Cab Ride & Passenger Would Uber Again
- Uber Surge Pricing During NYC Blizzard, Maybe It’s Not So Bad?