While I rarely dine at McDonald’s at home, I love seeing what interesting and unique items might be on the menu. It’s also a great place to get Lucas a little toy for being a good boy while we’re traveling. (He also happens to love their fries!)
I’ve seen various articles and even a site dedicated to McD’s around the world.
My friend Kim K., knowing my fascination with overseas McDonald’s sent me an interesting article from Business Insider.
The article is about 21 Awesome McDonald’s Dishes That You Can’t Get In America.
When I saw the title, I had to check it out and was curious to see if I had eaten any of these dishes during my travels.
Here is the list:
- Ebi Burger– Japan, Singapore & other Asian markets
- Shaka Shaka Chicken- Singapore
- Crock Brie- Italy
- Bacon Rolls- U.K
- Black & White Hamburger Combo- ADD country
- Taro Pie- Japan & other Asian markets
- McArabia– Arab countries & Pakistan
- Seaweed Shaker Fries- Asian markets
- Matcha McFlurry- Singapore & Japan
- Snack al Parmigiano– Italy
- Cheese Katsu Burger- Japan
- Bubur Ayam McD- Malaysia
- Rosti Brekki Wrap- Australia & New Zealand
- McLobster- Canada
- Bacon Potato Pie– Japan
- KiwiBurger- Japan
- McAloo Tiki- India
- Samurai Burger- Asian markets
- McSpicy Paneer- India
- Gazpacho Soup- Spain
- Poutine- Canada
While I’ve only had four of the item from this list I have had many others that did not make it. Some are actually very close to the ones listed.
Here are a couple:
- While we didn’t have seaweed shaker fries we did have another type of shaker fries in Hong Kong. I sadly do not have a photo of the fries but I remember getting a paper bag to put the fries in along with a seasoning packet. They told us to pour some seasoning in, shake up the bag and enjoy.
- I’d love to try McLobster in Canada one of these days. However, we did have another tasty seafood various times. We’ve had shrimps in various countries with the first time being in Estonia quite a few years back.
Do you like to check out McDonald’s when visiting another country? If so, let us know if you’ve had some interesting items.
Find out more about each of the 21 McDonald’s dishes from Business Insider here.
- That’s Different: Train Car McDonald’s– Fall River, MA
- A Visit To The First McDonald’s In Russia
- Some Tasty Local Finds At McDonald’s In Japan
- Balkans Trip: Some Local Menu Items At McDonald’s In Serbia
- Disappointing Breakfast Menu Items At McDonald’s In Germany
- Dallas Trip Recap- Day 1 (Zoo McDonald’s)
- Eat Your Big Mac Inside A McDonald’s Plane
- A Unique Food at McDonald’s Romania