Earlier today I posted about What My Local CVS (Brooklyn, NY) Told Me About Vanilla Reloads.
This is definitely a topic/ worry on all of our (points & miles enthusiasts) minds so I think we can all agree on one thing- we love our Vanilla!
It seems like there has been a mad dash to get in those last Vanilla Reload purchases and today was supposed to be the day that it all ended or… was it an early, cruel April Fool’s Day joke?
Thanks to some comments on my earlier post and Twitter, I have some updates on whether or not CVS is allowing purchases with credit cards. Overall the news looks very good.
We’ll start with the bad news.
CVS is not allowing Vanilla Reloads to be purchased with credit cards in:
- (South) New Jersey Kathy from Will Run For Miles tweeted me this info from a FlyerTalk thread.
- Texas according to Mike Patel
And now some good!
CVS is allowing Vanilla Reloads to be purchased with credit cards in:
- Brooklyn, New York I had a bit of luck today (and will be posting about it in the morning)
- Chicago according to “Chicago VR”
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida according to VenezolanoFLL on Twitter
- New York City (Upper East Side) according to Kathy – Will Run For Miles
- Philadelphia according to Nathan
- Phoenix according to Corey
- Tampa according to Pablo D. on Twitter
- Northern Virginia according to Marvin
Point Chaser mentions that various locations in Florida, Michigan & South Carolina are still accepting credit cards. A comment on the post said Atlanta was business as usual too.
As of now it still seems like buying Vanilla Reloads comes down to YMMV. While one store says cash only, another CVS not too far away might be allowing purchases with credit cards.
If you’ve tried purchasing Vanilla Reloads today, please let us know where and if you were successful.