A little over a week ago I wrote a post asking Is It Worth Upgrading to Economy Plus.
For me the answer is no if I have to pay for the upgrade. I’d gladly take a free upgrade but to pay for a little more space, I just don’t see the value. I would much prefer to use valuable funds to pay for things during the trip.
However, I can see some cases where paying for E+ can be worth it. If you’re on the taller side then upgrading might be well worth it to get extra space and save your knees from the seat in front of you. I could also see some people finding E+ a decent option for very long flights.
I decided to run a poll to see what you felt about the value of upgrading to E+.
There was a decent amount of voters in my first poll and an overwhelming winner taking in half of the votes!
Here are the results: From 86 Total Voters
- 43 Votes (50%) It depends on how long the flight is.
- 16 Votes (19%) Yes, It’s worth every penny to gain some space.
- 12 Votes (14%) It depends on the price.
- 9 votes (10%) No, I don’t want to pay any more fees.
- 6 Votes (7%) It’s only worth it if you are very tall!
So there you have it, an overwhelming amount of you feel that Economy + is worth it, depending on the length of the flight.
I am just curious, how long does the flight have to be to make E+ worth it!