With the United States being such a large and diverse country, it has a ton of variety in terms of things to do, see and experience.
Budget Travel says that the U.S. is a land of extremes. They decided to explore the country and look into the variety of extremes and come up with favorite points that embody our nation’s capacity for wonder.
Here is the list from BT:
- Hottest Community: Lake Havasu City, AZ
- Easternmost Point: St Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Coldest Community: Fairbanks, AK
- Westernmost Point: American Samoa
- Highest Point: Mount McKinley, Denali NP- Alaska
- Lowest Place: Death Valley- CA & NV
- Oldest Community: Acoma, NM
- Biggest City: New York City
- Smallest Town: Buford, WY
- Birthplace of the Most Presidents: Virginia
- Biggest Lake: Lake Superior
- Biggest River: Mississippi River
Find out about each of the places listed including tips on how to visit them in the Budget Travel article HERE.