CNN Travel has an article featuring the 20 Most Annoying Things People Do On Planes.
To come up with their list, CNN created an “unofficial survey of the most rude and irritating things you… sorry, other people, do on planes“.
Flying on a plane puts us in tight quarters, surrounded predominately by strangers. Once we are onboard there is pretty much nowhere to go so it’s best to try to be courteous to those around you.
Here is CNN’s List:
- Kicking/ bumping/ shoving the seat back
- Reclining the seat
- Hogging the toilet
- Bare feet
- Neglecting personal hygiene
- People behind you trying to disembark first
- Rolling huge suitcases up aisle
- Playing games without turning sound off
- Coughing, sneezing, germ sharing
- Poaching the empty middle seat
- Establishing armrest hegemony
- Loud talking
- Scarfing smelly food
- Yapping on cell phone
- Getting huffy when a neighbor leaves their seat
- Babies crying
- Boarding before group number is called
- Compulsive leg-shaking
- Taking ages to choose a movie
- Abusing someone else’s possessions in overhead bin
When I saw the topic of CNN’s article, I started to think about things that annoy me the most while flying.
Here are my Top 3:
- It drives me nuts when the person sitting behind me yanks or pulls on my seat whenever they sit down or stand up.
- I find it really annoying when people steal the overhead bin right above my seat. Luckily since we travel with Lucas, we usually get to board early and get some space in the overhead bin without issue.
- Some people seem to be in a huge rush to get off the plane. People should be civil and wait their turn. When I see someone trying to weasel their way past me, I am not so quick to move, then again there isn’t really anywhere to go!
These are just a few of the things that I find annoying but there certainly are others!
What do you find most annoying while flying?
Find out more about CNN’s list of Most Annoying Things People Do on Planes HERE.