- Some really exciting news: Michael W Travels will be joining the BoardingArea.com family of blogs in the near future!
- Andrew Evans, Nat Geo’s Digital Nomad (I heard him speak at the NY Trav Fest) has an interesting post about How To Find Dinosaur Bones in Montana.
- Lonely Planet shares Europe’s Top 10 Scenic Rail Journeys.
- Here is some great news. The tiger population in Nepal has gone up by 63% since 2006 according to this article from the BBC.
- Mashable reports that Starbucks will partner with Google to speed up Wi-Fi in their stores.
- How would you like to learn from a champ? CNN has a story & slideshow about 10 Classes Taught By Elite Pros.
- Southwest was fined $200,000 by the Department of Transportation for violating ad rules.
- This news seems to be everywhere now but I read it on Skift. The U.S. State Department issued a worldwide terror alert for August.
- United Airlines is taking bids (with miles) to win a Behind the Scenes Flight Simulator Experience. Sounds like an amazing experience but it’s way too rich for me. The most recent bid is at 311,000 miles!
Travel Deals & Offers:
- Enter to win a Macbook Air from GoGo in their Summer Giveaway. If you enter through my link, I’ll receive extra entries into the contest. Enter by August 11.
- Win a trip for 2 to Los Angeles in the Inside Hook L.A. Foodie Giveaway Sweepstakes, Prize includes airfare, 2 nights hotel in Beverly Hills and more. Enter here by August 16.
- Johnny Jet is giving away a 2 nights stay at the Four Seasons Hotel L.A. at Beverly Hills. The prize also comes with dinner and spa treatments for 2. Enter here by August 14.
- Win a trip for four around the world in the American Airlines Sky Inspired Sweepstakes. Entries must be received by August 30.
- Take a photo of an IHG Hotel for a chance to win a grand prize of 1,000,000 IHG Reward Club Points.Register here to enter (and win other prizes too) by September 1
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send an e-mail to email@example.com