Here are some interesting things I came across online over the past couple of days.
Check them out and if you have an interesting travel new story or offer to share, please do so by commenting below!
Have a great weekend!
- According to the Better Life Index report, Switzerland is the happiest country in the world. Check out the rest of the countries that made the top 10 list in this Yahoo Finance article HERE.
- The Wall Street Journal (on Yahoo Finance) talks about the The Worst Flight In America. The worst flight title refers to flights that rarely get to their destinations on time.
- According to this NBC News Travel article- Sharks are worth more for tourism than in soup.
- USA Today has an article about the newest National Park in the U.S.- Pinnacles N.P. in California. It’s interesting to hear about the expected impact on the area Pinnacles will have due to being upgraded to N.P. from it’s former National Monument designation back in January.
- jetBlue extends it’s schedule starting tomorrow at noon (June 2). You’ll be able to book travel through February 12, 2014
- Join United on Twitter for a “Baggage Tweetchat” where you can learn all about baggage from check-in to delivery. Tweet your questions on June 3 at 1:30 p.m. CT
- Johnny Jet has teamed up with Tourism and Events Queensland to offer a blogger contest where one blogger could win a 5 day trip to Queensland. Check out details and rules here.