The Travel Channel has a fun slide show featuring a list of the World’s Wackiest Museums.
I am not a huge museum fan but do enjoy visiting odd, quirky and not so typical museums.
Here is Travel Channel’s List of World’s Wackiest Museums:
- Burlingame Pez Museum- San Francisco, CA
- Southern Food & Beverage Museum- New Orleans, LA
- The International UFO Museum & Research Center- Roswell, NM
- Museum of Sex- NYC
- Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum- Japan
- Museum of Bad Art- Boston, MA
- Giant Shoe Museum- Seattle, WA
- Sulabh International Museum of Toilets- New Delhi
- The Collection of Questionable Medical Devices- In the Science Museum of Minnestota
- The Fan Museum- London
- National Mustard Museum- Middleton, WI
- Kansas Barbed Wire Museum- La Crosse, KS
- Chicken Art Museum- Seoul, South Korea
I’ve only visited one museum from the list- The Museum of Sex, kind of odd but I wouldn’t call it one of the world’s wackiest. I’d like to check out some of the other museums like the Pez Museum, Ramen Museum (which I wrote about: Odd Museums: Museums Dedicated to Ramen Noodles
) and the Museum of Bad Art.
The Kansas Barbed Wire Museum sounds like the most ridiculous museum listed.
There is one museum that I’ve visited that I think deserves a spot on this list- The Friet Museum in Belgium. The museum is all about french fries. Check out my post Not Your Usual Museum: Friet Museum
Check out the Travel Channel slide show which has info about each museum listed HERE