They just put together a special report for shoulder season travel by analyzing rate data on thousands of destinations. With this data they’ve come up with some cities which might just offer the best last-minute value through Memorial Day.
If you’re considering some last-minute travel, HotelTonight’s report might give some ideas of destinations worth heading to where you might get a great deal.
According to the report, HotelTonight “analyzed its rate data on thousands of destinations and uncovered cities that offer the best last-minute value for “shoulder season” – between Spring Break and Memorial Day (the unofficial start of summer travel season) – to help make the most of the great weather without breaking the bank“.
According to the co-founder and CEO of HotelTonight, Sam Shank ” Some of the best deals of the year are last-minute hotel bookings available right now as rates are significantly below this time last year, and this trend continues through the Memorial Day holiday“.
So where can we look to save?
Here are some suggestions based on HotelTonight’s report.
- Sonoma, HT rates average $156/night, $95 less than last year
- Palm Springs, HT rates are an average of $166/night, $52 less than last year
- Napa Valley, HT rates are an average of $171/night, $44 less than last year
- San Diego, HT rates are an average of $133/night, $28 less than last year
Big Cities Around the US:
- Las Vegas, HT rates are an average of $108/night, $97 less than last year
- London, HT rates are an average of $144/night, $85 less than last year
- New York City, HT rates are an average of $151/night, $37 less than last year
- Seattle, HT rates are an average of $152/night, $16 less
- Fort Lauderdale, HT rates are an average of $178/night, $140 less than last year
- Kauai, HT rates are an average $139/night, $113 less than last year
- Florida Keys, HT rates are an average $273/night, $30 less than last year
- Laguna Beach, HT rates are an average of $137/night, $24 less than last year
How did HotelTonight come up with this list?
According to the report, “HotelTonight combed through pricing data added by hotel partners and compared insights from March 2014 to March 2015 to determine which destinations provided the best value and included the biggest discount for travelers“.
Have any of you found value booking last-minute rooms with the HotelTonight app?
I can’t say that I’ve ever booked a room with the HotelTonight app. From what I’ve seen, while their prices are certainly discounted, the starting price point of most of their hotels tends to be higher than I’d usually spend.
FYI- I received an advance copy of HotelTonight’s special report. When I get a link to where it is posted online, I’ll add it here.
(images courtesy of HotelTonight)