As many of you may know, I love finding a great deal. Getting free stuff is even better.
Don’t get me wrong, there are some things that I am happy to spend money on- especially when it comes to Lucas it can be hard to say no.
I was happy to come across an interesting and potentially useful article from Buzzfeed which shares 17 Surprisingly Cool Things Kids Can Get For Free.
Here are some of the things kids can get for free:
- A download of The Incredibles
- A ticket to the circus (for babies less than one)
- Bowling- check the KidsBowlFree.com database here
- Roller skating- check the KidsSkateFree database here
- Download of Muppets Most Wanted activity book
- A toy race car or other small prize (at Trader Joe’s)- they supposedly hide a stuffed animal in the store and the kid that finds it gets a small prize. I’ve never heard of this one before. Can anyone verify this?
- Admission to a clinic where kids build a wooden project- check out Lowes Kids Clinics
- 15 tokens at Chuck E. Cheese’s for bringing in a good report card
- Tickets to baseball games & more
- Museum admission
- Tickets to a Broadway show
- Toys, books, ice cream, cupcakes & more on their birthday- see the list here
- Admission to fun events plus a special gift- Check out the Pottery Barn for Kids events
- A backpack full of games, crayons, Twizzlers & other fun items at Omni Hotels
- Meals- check the KidsMealDeals.com database here
- Cruise fare- Kids sail for free on select cruises with paying parents on Royal Caribbean
Here are some of my favorites:
- I think Lucas is still a bit young to watch The Incredibles but I’m interested in downloading it for free for myself!
- Since we shop regularly at Trader Joe’s, I’d love to find out more about their hidden stuffed animal challenge.
- When Lucas is a bit older I think the Lowe’s Kids Clinic would be cool to check out.
- I’ll definitely be checking out the birthday freebie list when Lucas’ next birthday is coming up in January.
Find out more about each of Buzzfeed’s Cool Things Kids Can Get For Free HERE.
On a similar note, for those of you in the NYC area, Roll N Roaster which is located in our neck of the woods (Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn) offers a spin of the wheel on your birthday. Everyone is a winner with the prize being a minimum of a $5 gift coin. The top prize is $25 in coins which I’ve never won.
Roll N Roaster is famous for its Roast Beef sandwiches as well as offering “cheez on anything you pleez“.