I just received an e-mail from Marriott Bonvoy inviting me to join their new dining program called Eat Around Town.
With Eat Around Town I can earn 1,000 bonus Marriott Points after my first dine after spending $30 or more, including tax and tip.
To earn the bonus:
- Complete the dine within 30 days of joining the program
- Complete an online review of the restaurant, bar or club within 30 days of visiting
- Accounts must be created by January 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET.
The offer is open to “Marriott Bonvoy members who have not yet created an account and linked a credit and/or debit card“, according to the T&Cs.
For a limited time (until November 11, 2019), dining through Eat Around Town earns 8X points per $1 spent.
Members regularly earn:
- Marriott Bonvoy members: 4X points per $1 spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Elite members (Ambassador, Titanium, Platinum, Gold, or Silver): 6X points per $1 spent
Some Rules: (from the T&Cs)
- All checks must be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with the Eat Around Town program at the time of the visit.
- Eligible charges include food, drink, tax, and tip as charged to the registered card.
- Some restaurants offer rewards under this offer only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month.
- Marriott Bonvoy points earned through Eat Around Town do not count towards elite tier qualification in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Allow six to eight weeks from completion of your Eat Around Town transaction for points to appear in your Marriott account.
My biggest issue with loyalty dining programs are that it’s hard to find participating restaurants that I actually want to eat at. Regardless, I’ll take a look at the restaurants participating in Eat Around Town and try to do one dine to earn the bonus.
What do you think about airline and hotel dining programs- fan or don’t pay them much attention?
Find out more and sign up for Eat Around Town here.