I’m not overly interested in flying in premium cabins. Yes, we love to fly in business or first but the destination is way more important.
Yesterday, I received an offer from United Airlines where I can earn up to 13,600 bonus miles when I meet my “personalized goals.”
There are two tier levels to the bonus, both based on spend made towards flights.
- Spend $250, earn 6,300 bonus miles
- Spend $550 (total), earn a total of 13,600 bonus miles
FYI- This offer is targeted and only those who received the e-mail can register to earn the bonus.
I’m not looking to book a paid flight at the moment or else I’d be tempted to find a deal to take advantage of this bonus offer. I think that 13,600 bonus miles is a pretty solid rebate off $550 spent on travel.
Some Rules: (from the T&Cs)
- Registration is required by July 17, 2018. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
- Ticketing and travel dates: On or after registration date through July 31, 2018.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
- Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
- This offer is not combinable with non-combinable offers.
- Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status. Miles earned do not qualify for class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
- Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on July 31, 2018. Qualifying spend will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes and Economy Plus® purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fare and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrade, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
- Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
- E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com.
Did you receive a personalized goal offer from United? If so, what did you receive and do you plan to earn the bonus?