What’s even cooler about this contest is that one Grand Prize winner from the group of 5 will win another trip to Chicago to attend the James Beard Awards in May. They’ll also win flights for 2 to fly to the destination of their choice within the continental US.
This means that the big winner can actually win three trips through this contest!
Let’s take a closer look at the HMSHost Channel Your Inner Chef contest.
The Prizes: There are two levels of prizes
Phase One: (5 winners) A trip to Chicago for the live cooking contest on March 20, 2018
- Roundtrip flights to Chicago or a $250 travel stipend for any finalist that resides within 150 miles of Chicago
- Round trip ground transportation for finalist between airport and hotel in
- Hotel accommodations to any finalist whose city or state of residence requires the finalist to stay in Chicago overnight.
Grand Prize: The winner will have the opportunity for his or her dish to appear on the menu at an HMSHost restaurant operating at Chicago O’Hare International Airport and get:
- Two tickets to the 2018 James Beard Foundation Awards on May 7, 2018 at the Lyric Opera of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
- Roundtrip coach class air transportation for winner and a guest or a $250 travel stipend for any winner that resides within 150 miles of Chicago
- Round trip ground transportation for winner between airport and hotel in Chicago (if applicable).
- Sponsor will also provide winner a single cash payment in the form of a check, which is intended to assist the winner with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize. The Tax Gross-Up Payment will be $2,500.00.
- Sponsor may also award hotel accommodations to any winner whose city or state of residence requires the winner to stay in Chicago overnight.
- In addition, the winner will receive two roundtrip coach class airline tickets for a flight within the continental U.S. (provided that Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, provide an airline gift card of $1,000 value in lieu of the airline tickets
How to submit an entry: (from the T&Cs)
- Submit a video in which they are shown preparing a culinary dish made from an unpublished original recipe that has not been disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family
- The complete recipe for the original culinary dish including the name of the dish, and entrants’ name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Videos must be submitted in one of the following formats: Apple Quick Time Movie (.MOV), MPEG4(.MP4), or Windows Media Video (.WMV).
- File size cannot exceed 200 MB.
- One entry per person is allowed
- Open to legal residents of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years old as of the date of entry (residents of Alabama and Nebraska must be at least nineteen (19) years old)
- Need to be able to attend a live cooking competition in Chicago on March 20, 2018.
Enter by February 20, 2018, at 11:59 PM ET.
So who’s ready to show of their cooking (and video) skills?
Find out more and enter for a chance to win a spot in the Chicago O’Hare cook-off here.