One of my favorite things to do during a trip is take photos of the amazing things we do and see. I also love to go through photos from previous trips. It’s a great way to help remember some of the things we did that may have otherwise been forgotten over time.
In recent months I’ve been sharing more photos to Instagram.
The Washington Post Travel is currently running their 2016 Travel Photo Contest!
The contest is only open to amateur photographers and “by entering you grant The Washington Post permission to use your photo in perpetuity in any medium, including to edit, publish, distribute and republish it in any form“.
Besides the chance to have your photo published in the Washington Post, there will also be prizes given out to winners!
The prizes: Gift certificates to a photo retailer
- 1st Prize: $200
- 2nd Prize: $100
- 3rd Prize: $50
(While three prizes are listed in the T&Cs, the rules state that four winners will be selected.)
- Open to legal residents of the United States
- Must be 18 years of age or older to win one of the prizes
- Anyone that earns more than 50% of their income from photography is not eligible.
- One entry per person is allowed
- If you submit multiple entries, only the first one will count
- Photo must have been taken after July 1, 2015
- “Include caption information and the date the photo was taken, plus your name, e-mail address and phone number.”
- Do not heavily manipulate/ edit your photo
Entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2016.
I’m definitely planning to enter the Washington Post Travel contest. While a prize would be nice, I’d be thrilled to have a photo of mine published in the Washington Post!
Find out more and enter the Washington Post Travel contest here.