With UberEATS you’ll now be able to request lunch from some great restaurants with the “tap of a button“.
The service is available in New York City (between 14th St & 40th St) and claims that you will have “the best eats and treats” in 10 minutes or less. If Uber could really deliver on this claim, then I’d definitely be impressed.
UberEATS seems to be as easy to order from as requesting rides are from the Uber app.
You can order from 11:00AM until 2:00PM on weekdays in the areas where the service is available. What’s nice is that no cash is needed to pay since payments will be handled through the app. You also wont need to tip the driver since that is also included in the cost.
FYI- Your order will be delivered curbside, not to your door/ office.
Here is how you order a meal:
You have to wonder what the cost will be for this service (and also wonder if there will be surge meal pricing ever)?
Here is what is available in NYC for lunch for the rest of the week:
Wednesday, April 29:
- Num Pang- Steak Sandwich- $13.25
- Scarpetta- Roasted Beet Salad
Thursday, April 30:
- Mighty Quinn’s – Brisket Sandwich & Burnt Ends Baked Beans- $14
- SweetGreen- Kale Caesar Salad- $8.85
Friday- May 1:
- Lugo Cucina Italiano- Lugo’s Meatballs with Focaccia- $15
- Barchetta- Lobster Roll- $15
Besides paying for your meal, Uber will also be charging “a flat $4 delivery fee for each request, regardless of the number of meals you order“. Not bad if you’re ordering for a lot of people but a bit pricey if only ordering for yourself…
I’ve heard of a few places from UberEAT’s offering for the next few days. There is only one that I can say I’ve tried- Mighty Quinn’s Brisket Sandwich.
There used to always be a line for Might Quinn’s at Smorgasburg and I’ve had the sandwich many times. It’s definitely worth giving a try although I recall the meat being pretty fatty (which I don’t care for at all) recently. When I say recently, I probably had it like 5-6 months back.
So would I try UberEATS? Well I don’t work in Manhattan so it wouldn’t be possible right now. I do find it to be a bit pricey but not horrible so I’m curious to try it out one time.
What do you think about Uber’s new service- worth it and convenient or just a pricey lunch gimmick?
Find out more about UberEATS here.
If you don’t currently have an Uber account, you can sign up through my link. You’ll get $20 towards your first ride and I’ll get a $20 free ride credit after you do.
- Uber- Can Someone Please Explain The Big Deal
- Woman Passes Out, Taken On $293 Uber Ride
- $94 For 2 Mile Cab Ride: Uber’s Surge Pricing
- Apparently, She Didn’t Read My Beware Of Uber Surge Pricing Post
- Uber Surge Pricing on NYE, Should Riders Be Annoyed?
- $908 Cab Ride & Passenger Would Uber Again
- Poll Results: Is Uber Surge Pricing Fair?
- Uber Surge Pricing During NYC Blizzard, Maybe It’s Not So Bad?
- Uber To Create 1,000,000 Jobs For Women
- Basketball Star Drives For Uber
- NYC L Train Shutdown, Uber To The Rescue