Before everyone had the internet at their fingertips at (just about) any given time due to smartphones, many people turned to guides like Zagat to read reviews about restaurants.
While Zagat has gone online and isn’t just a physical guide, my guess would be that more people turn to sites like Yelp for restaurant reviews and suggestions.
Zagat reviews are done in an annual survey which is how the restaurants get their scores. If you’d like to help out in reviewing restaurants in the survey, Zagat will give you a small reward.
For rating & reviewing NYC restaurants, you’ll be sent a copy of the 2016 print version of the Zagat guide along with also being given 8 weeks of New York Times access.
In order to get a copy of the guide (and Times access), you’ll need to “finalize your ratings and reviews by May 5, 2015“.
To start your review, you need to enter your e-mail address and then (from Zagat):
- Review the places you’ve visited
- Rank your favorites
- Claim your reward
Some Rules: To participate you must (from Zagat):
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States.
- Be over the age of 18 for non-age restricted Participation Rewards.
- Submit required number of votes (as indicated on the survey landing page) for a place featured in the survey, during the relevant survey period.
- Ensure that reviews comply with all posted terms, rules and content policies.
- Submit reviews using a verified email address.
If you’re interested in participating in the NYC Zagat survey, you can do so here.