Last year I wrote about bidding with miles for a flight simulator experience.
Most would probably agree that spending hundreds of thousands of miles for something that might cost you around $300 a bit crazy.
United Airlines is once again offering the chance to bid with miles for a Behind the Scenes Flight Simulator Experience in Denver.
Currently the minimum bid is 204,000 miles, which is way too high a price to pay in my opinion. However, the simulator experience package does sound pretty awesome.
Not only do you get the chance to try out the flight simulator, you get what seems like a mini-trip to Denver for 2.
With this current offer you’ll be visiting the United Flight Training Center in Denver, CO on Friday, May 22, 2015. You’ll be there from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM so it is a pretty full day of activities.
You and a guest will receive:
- Roundtrip United economy airfare to Denver
- Two night stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton: May 21 – May 23
During your day at the United Flight Training Center you’ll:
- Get up to four hours of flying in the flight simulator
- A simulator tour of the Boeing 747 and Airbus 320
- Meet with reps from the Flight & Emergency Procedures Training
- Lunch is included
- Airfare is only included to those outside the greater Denver area
- The bidding page says “experience will be shared with other MileagePlus members” however, when I read the terms it said that only 1 prize was available. Based on this, I am not sure if this is a private experience or one with other winning bidders…
- You can raise the bid in 1,000 miles increments
The auction ends on April 3, 2015 at 12:00 CST. That means there is less than 19 days left to enter if you’re interested…
Considering the current bid is at 203,000 miles, I’m very curious to see how high the bid will go.
Would you be interested in bidding on this experience or do you think it’s just a bit too pricey? Considering it’s for two people, you could probably split the cost with a friend but to me it’s still just way too pricey. I could certainly use the miles for more important things like… traveling! 🙂
If you’re interested in placing a bid or just checking out the offer page, click here.
Check out all of United’s auctions here.