I just received an e-mail from Hilton about a couple of great new features that are now available on their HHonors mobile app.
With the app you’ll be able to not only check-in online, but even more impressive is that you can now choose your room!
Pretty cool stuff if you ask me!
I’m not sure when these options actually went live but the announcement about them was made over the summer. (Check out a post from Points, Miles & Martinis about these new options.)
When it comes to picking a seat on a flight, we can go to SeatGuru to find out the best places to sit. This new Hilton option makes me wonder if a site exists or will be created to grade all of the rooms in a hotel, not just the hotel itself.
With the HHonors App you can:
- Book a stay at over 4,100 hotels & resorts
- Check- In
- Select your room
- Pre-order room amenities
To select your room you can sign-in to your HHonors account on your mobile device, tablet or computer at 6:00 AM to “to check-in and choose your preferred room via floor plan maps or lists populated from the hotel’s available inventory“.
Some other things to consider: (from the T&Cs)
- Rooms offered through the digital check-in process are on a first come, first-served basis.
- Check-in time is not dictated by Hilton HHonors tier.
- The app will grant the standard HHonors upgrades we offer our Gold and Diamond members.
- On the day of arrival, complimentary room upgrades are based on availability at the time of check-in.
There are also plans to add the option of using your mobile device as your room key this year.
The Hilton HHonors App is available for:
Are you interested in pre-selecting your hotel room or would you rather leave it up to when you arrive at the hotel?
Find out more about Hilton’s HHonors app which includes the digital check-in and room selection options here.