Lucas and I were “selected” by Southwest for special points earning offers while Kim received a similar, yet less rewarding offer.
Lucas and I were offered Triple Points this fall when flying to any of Southwest’s 90+ destinations. While Kim, who is a Companion Pass holder was only offered Double Points.This offer is only eligible for Rapid Rewards members that received an e-mail from Southwest about the promotion.
After initially receiving the Triple Points offers for myself and Lucas, I assumed Kim would be receiving the same offer not a lesser one. It makes me wonder if others are being offered even more generous offers than triple points? I’d also like to know how they determine what offer each member gets. My theory is that Companion Pass holders receive the lower offer based on what Kim, Lucas and I received…
We’re actually going to take advantage of this offer since we will be booking a couple of trips with Kim’s remaining Southwest points and we’ll need an extra ticket.
- You must register for this promotion between September 18 and November 20, 2014
- Registration must be completed prior to traveling
- Valid on new reservations booked during promo period
- Flights must also be completed during promo period of 9/18 and 11/20
Rapid Rewards points earned are calculated based on fare. Bonus points will be earned in addition to standard flight points earned but will not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass.
Here are the bonus points earned based on the Triple Points offer:
- Business Select Fares-24 bonus points per dollar spent
- Anytime Fares- 20 bonus points per dollar spent
- Wanna Get Away Fares- 12 bonus points per dollar spent
Here are the bonus points earned based on the Double Points offer:
- Business Select Fares- 12 bonus points per dollar spent
- Anytime Fares- 10 bonus points per dollar spent
- Wanna Get Away Fares- 6 bonus points per dollar spent
Did you receive a Southwest Fall Into Points offer? If so, what kind of bonus did you receive?