I am sure many of us were hoping to be one of the 10,000 picked for a free trip to Japan. That deal did not go as planned and was not approved by the governmet. You can read about it in a post I wrote in December, here.
Here is another chance to win a trip to Japan. In this sweepstakes you get to read through six itineraries and pick your favorite to enter for a chance to win.
Spring 2012 will be a special season as it marks the centennial anniversary of Japan’s Gift of Trees to the U.S. To celebrate this anniversary, we’re giving you and a guest the chance to explore Japan inside and out. Read through all 6 itineraries, pick your favorite, and enter for your chance to win your dream vacation!
Here are the trip options:
- Heritage: Tea ceremonies, ancient shrines, majestic castles. Discover the ancient customs and traditions of Japanese culture
- Indulgence: Submerge yourself in a natural bubbling hot spring as you sip some of Japan’s finest, locally brewed sake. This is just the beginning of Japanese luxury.
- Gourmet: From the street food to the Michelin-rated, excite your palette with some of Japan’s finest culinary masterpieces.
- Adventure: A trip worthy for any thrillseeker. Japan challenges you to find better powder snow on the globe. Ski or snowboard your way to an adrenaline-filled getaway.
- Modern Art: The Japanese aesthetic influences some of the finest art and architecture. For the true tastemakers and cool-hunters, this trip is for you.
- Pop Culture/ Anime: You know exactly what it means to be an “otaku”. Gadgets, video games, anime and more await you on the colorful streets of Akihabara and beyond.
For me the choice was easy. I would love to do the Heritage trip. How can you go wrong visiting castles, shrines, temples and palaces- visiting five World Heritage Sites along the way. I really love site-seeing and exploring a country so this trip is perfect for me. My second choice would most likely be the Gourmet trip.
Here are some rules for the sweepstakes:
- The award trip must be booked by March 31, 2012 and completed by June 31, 2012
- The Japan Centennial Celebration Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 states of the US and DC.
- Entry closes on February 29, 2012
- Approximate retail value of trip is $5,000
For a chance to win a trip to Japan, Click Here