I received an e-mail last night from United offering double Premier qualifying miles.
This “exclusive opportunity” is available only to those that received the e-mail invitation. While I feel very special to have received this offer, I won’t be able to take part in it. Our travels are already set for the time period in which this offer runs.
To earn the bonus, you need to register and book trips by September 30, 2014. Flights must take place from August 1 and September 30.
This offer is good on all qualifying flight segments with United.
Some Terms & Conditions: (from the registration page)
1. Only original recipients of the email invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website, then purchase and complete paid qualifying flights on United or United Express® during the valid ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must take place prior to ticketing and must be completed by September 30, 2014.
3. Ticketing dates: July 24, 2014 – September 30, 2014.
4. Travel dates: August 1, 2014 – September 30, 2014.
5. Members can earn double Premier qualifying miles (PQM) on paid qualifying flight segments in published fares in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, and H fare classes. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator, group/tour and opaque fares do not qualify for this offer.
6. Double Premier qualifying miles is defined as two Premier qualifying miles for each mile flown and include base Premier qualifying miles earned on paid segments flown during the promotion period.
7. For this offer, a “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
8. Maximum bonus that may be earned is 25,000 Premier qualifying miles in accordance with these terms and conditions. Bonus Premier qualifying miles alone will not result in Premier status qualification, and participating members must meet all applicable qualification requirements for higher Premier status.
9. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flight segments operated by other carriers.
If you’d like to try to register for this promo, you can do so here. However, I doubt it will work since it clearly states that it is intended for those that received the e-mail.