Getting to our destination on Day 4 of our Trip to Japan took several modes of transportation, but that didn’t stop us. In order to get to Miyajima Island from Hiroshima we had to take a street car to a train and then catch a quick 10 minute ferry ride. Luckily, we made all the connections without waiting too long so the full commute took us less than an hour which wasn’t bad at all.
Miyajima is a walkable island with a good amount of sites to see in close proximity to each other. We picked a very hot and humid day for our visit. Kim, Lucas and I really liked the island and are glad we added it to our itinerary.
Here are some of the things we did:
- Photos with the island’s four-legged residents
- The Floating Torii and Itsukushima Shrine
- Tasting a new sea creature for lunch
- Ropeway (cablecar) ride up to the observatory on Mt. Misen
- Quick stop for photos at Goju-no Tou, 5 story pagoda