Southwest Spirit Magazine is giving away a trip for 2 to Wichita, Kansas- The Air Capital of the World.
I was wondering why Wichita was known as The Air Capital of the World so I decided to find out.
According to Go Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau:
The population of Wichita nearly doubled in 1918 after a great oil reserve was discovered nearby. In turn, the oil money allowed local entrepreneurs to invest in the up and coming airplane industry. Men like Lloyd Stearman, Walter Beech, and Clyde Cessna brought the industry to the area, and during World War II it was the major manufacturing center for airplanes needed in the war effort. Wichita remains the center for the aircraft industry, the “Air Capital of the World,” producing 70% of U.S. general aviation aircraft.
The Prize: A trip for 2 to Wichita, Kansas
- Round trip airfare for 2
- 2 nights stay at the Hotel at WaterWalk
- 2 nights at the Hotel at Old Town
- Kansas Cosmosphere Space Center gift package which includes: 2 Mission Passes which includes admission to the Hall of Space Museum, a Carey Digital Dome Theater documentary, a Dr. Goddard’s Lab live science show, a Justice Planetarium show, and the naviGATOR Flight Simulator, two (2) behind-the scenes tours of the Collections Department, a $50 Gift Card which can be used at the ticket desk, in the Cargo Bay Gift Store, at the concession stand, or in the Lunar Outpost (food court)
- Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States & D.C. excluding RI
- Must be at least 21 years of age as of 1/31/14
- Enter by January 31, 2014
Click Here to enter for a chance to win the Southwest Wichita Giveaway