Most of us know that Singapore is a very clean country. There are laws to help keep it that way like no littering and gum chewing.
In a country so clean you should expect people to know how to wash their hands. I was definitely surprised to see these signs in multiple places. One thing I did learn (from the sign above) was that you can reduce your germ count by up to 99%. To accomplish this you need to wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and water.
Here are steps on how to wash:
- Rub your palms togther
- Run the back of both hands
- Interlace fingers and rub hands together
- Interlock fingers and rub the back of fingers on both hands
- Rub thumb in a rotating manner followed by the area between index finger and thumb of both hands
- Rub fingertips on palm for both hands
- Rub both wrists in a rotating manner. Rinse and dry thouroughly.