Lonely Planet has a list of the top things in the world to do for free. I am sure the list is missing quite a few freebies but it is made up of some interesting activities and experiences.
Here is the list:
- The Staten Island Ferry- New York City, USA
- City Bikes- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront- Hong Kong
- Walking Tour- Reykjavik, Iceland
- Tea @ Grand Bazaar- Istanbul, Turkey
- Te Papa Tongarewa- Wellington, New Zealand
- Reichstag- Berlin, Germany
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building- Japan
- Royal Opera House Lunchtime Concerts- London, England
- Louvre- Paris, France
Out of this list, I’ve done #s 1,2,3,5 & 10. I was thinking of free sites that were missing from this list and the first thing that came to mind was the Smithsonian Museums in Washington D.C.
To read the Lonely Planet article click here.