AFAR recently shared news that United Airlines would be adding lots of new international flights for 2022.
I was particularly interested in seeing what was added due in part to our month-long trip to the Balkans last summer. (We flew roundtrip on the direct Newark- Dubrovnik flight that the airline had recently added.)
Along with some flights which will be restarted, United Airlines is adding some interesting new flight options in 2022.
Here are the flights United is adding: (from AFAR)
- Amman, Jordan: Service between Washington, D.C. and Amman starts May 5 with three flights a week
- Ponta Delgada in Portugal’s Azores: Daily flights from Newark start May 13
- Bergen, Norway: Thrice-weekly service starts May 20 from Newark
- Palma de Mallorca in Spain’s Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean: Three times a week service from Newark starting June 2.
- Tenerife in Spain’s Canary Islands: Three times a week service from Newark starting June 9.
- Berlin, Germany: New daily service from Washington, D.C. kicks off next spring.
- Munich, Germany: New daily flights from Denver start April 23.
- Milan, Italy: New daily service from Chicago next spring will be the only direct flight between the two cities
There’s a bunch of tempting options that United Airlines will be offering from the New York area.
So what are we interested in?
Kim and I have considered traveling to the Azores on many occasions but still haven’t had the opportunity to visit. A flight from Newark to Ponta Delgado could be a good option for our end of school year trip for 2022.
I’d love to check out the Canary Islands. We briefly looked into going there last year. In 2022, three times weekly flights to Tenerife from Newark makes the islands a real option for us to visit.
Are there any new flights United is starting in 2022 that you’d like to book?
Find out more from AFAR here.