After a bit of a delay, the shop opened a couple of weeks back. I stopped by the day after opening only to be told they wouldn’t be open until the evening!Determined to give Baby Luc’s a try, we returned on the third day the shop was open. We showed up around 40 minutes early (we were fourth on line) after hearing about block-long lines.While Baby Luc’s is a slice shop, the pizza offered is quite different than what is served at big brother Lucali. Lucali serves round pies, Baby Luc’s offers thin squares ranging in price from $3.50-$4.
Four types of pies are currently offered, Margarita, Pepperoni, Sausage and Peppers & Rocitta and Broccoli Rabe. We ordered one slice of the first three.After we ordered, we checked on the growing line outside. No, I could not see the end. It definitely pays to arrive early…Excited to dig in!A closeup of our slice bounty…
Here is what we thought of the pizza…
Margarita:We found the Margarita to be a decent version of a Grandma slice, finding it a bit salty. While the slice wasn’t bad, it wasn’t very exciting or worth a 40+ minutes wait. Closeup of the undercarriage. BTW- the crust was very enjoyable!
The flavors from the sausage and peppers were unbelievable. I’d call this slice the star of the show and definitely my favorite. I’d wait an hour for this slice!
I’d consider our taste of Baby Luc’s a bit interesting. What started off as decent worked its way to getting better by the slice.
Considering it was only the shop’s third day of service, I only expect the pizza to get even better over time.
If you’re pizza obsessed like we are, head over to Baby Luc’s now. If not, I’d say give the shop another few weeks, hopefully the lines will also shrink.
Baby Luc’s is located at 387 Court St in Brooklyn, New York.
- Patsy Grimaldi Returns- Julianna’s – Brooklyn, NY
- Food Review: Pizza Pot Pie- Chicago
- Margots- An Awesome Pizzeria Within A Pizzeria
- An Awesome Experience At Slice Out Hunger- NYC 2013
- Certified Pizza Awesomeness: Slice Out Hunger 2014
- Oktoberfest, Route 66 & Pizza: Oklahoma Day 2
- Emmy Squared- Pizza Perfection in Brooklyn, NY
- Impressive Airport Pizza by Wolfgang Puck at CUN
- A Visit to the Legendary Santarpio’s in East Boston
- Love Pizza & Trains? Dine At The Wagon in Costa Rica
- We Completed The 5 Boro Pizza Challenge!
- An Awesome Night of Pizza in NYC at Slice Out Hunger
- A Visit to the New Aita Pizzeria in Brooklyn, NY
- A Visit to the New & Highly Anticipated Sorbillo Pizzeria in NYC
- A Visit To The Oldest Pizzeria In The US: Papa’s Tomato Pies
- Review: Pizza Pop- Up, Brooklyn, NY with Anthony Falco, World Pizza Consultant
- I Finally Tried Una Pizza Napoletana And It Was Amazing!
- Paulie Gee’s Slice Shop- A Great Addition To The Brooklyn Pizza Scene
- Our Experience at the 1st Annual New York Pizza Festival
- We Tried & Conquered The Philly Taco! (No, It’s Not Really A Taco)
- Our Epic National Pizza Day Adventure In Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Food Review: St. Louis-Style Pizza at Imo’s Pizza
- Is New York City’s Di Fara Pizza Destination Worthy?
- A Visit To The Famed Pequod’s Pizza During A Layover In Chicago
- Benny Tudino’s, Home Of The Largest Slice Of Pizza I’ve Ever Had!
- Brooklyn Pizza Scene Gets Even Better, Head To F & F Pizzeria Now!
- Our Experience Running The 2019 NYC 5 Boro Pizza Challenge
- Our Experience At The 2nd Annual New York Pizza Festival
- Our Visit To A Drive-In Pizzeria- Pizza Palace in Knoxville, TN
- Find Out About Our Visit To Old Forge, PA- Pizza Capital of the World
- Finding Pizza Excellence at Ollie’s In Upstate NY
- We Tried The New Detroit-Style Pizza At Pizza Hut!
- A Visit To Michelin Starred Momofuku Ko For… Pizza!
- A Mashup Of Cultures In El Salvador, The Pupusa Becomes The PuPizza!
- Did I Finish Pete & Elda’s XXL Pizza In The Whole Pie Eater’s Challenge?