During the summer of 2017, the Michael W Travels family went on a five week trip around the Pacific.
During the trip, my family visited five island nations; Tonga, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Samoa, and Vanuatu (plus American Samoa). In addition, I went on my own to spend 9.5 hours on Christmas Island, Kiribati.
When thinking about amazing natural sites, the one that always comes to mind is our experience in Samoa. While we were visiting Samoa, we waited to visit the To-Sua Ocean Trench due to the rain. Luckily, on the day we chose to go we were treated to a bright sunny day.
Soon after arriving, we were amazed by the view (seen in the photo at the top of this post).
It was a really hot day so we couldn’t wait to go into the water for a dip. Based on the way you get into the water, this was definitely not a kid-friendly swimming hole. Kim and I took turns going for a swim while the other kept an eye on the kids.Heading down the ladder was interesting in itself. You have to wait your turn to go up and down. Then you’ll definitely want to take your time on this steep ladder made of thick logs.At the bottom of the ladder, there’s a platform where you can go on to jump into the water or continue on down, into the water.
I decided to take a moment on the platform before jumping into the cool, refreshing swimming hole.Once I was in the water, I didn’t want to get out. The temperature of the water was perfect. The views from down inside the To-Sua Ocean Trench were really awesome, too.
It was nice that it was never overly crowded inside the water.
That’s me floating in the middle with pretty much nobody else around!
After some time, I had to give Kim a turn to enjoy the water. For a brief moment, I’m pretty sure she had the To-Sua Ocean Trench all to herself!After finishing up inside the water, we went for a walk around the grounds.
I think it’s safe to say that the Tao-Sua Ocean Trench is an amazing site to see and one of the most impressive natural ones we’ve seen around the world!
- How A Call To Fiji Airways Saved Me $645.94
- The Most Expensive Luggage Storage Ever
- A Long Junk-Foodie Layover In Los Angeles
- Sleep Sundays in Tonga, A Visit To Pangaimotu Island
- What Did We Try At McDonalds Fiji
- Find Out How Kim Had Two Birthdays This Summer Thanks To Travel
- What Did We Try At McDonald’s Samoa
- Tracking Down The Famed Fishing Pigs of Tonga
- Our Visit To The Solomon Islands with Kids
- Why Does Two Dollar Beach On American Samoa Have A $5 Entry Fee?
- What Did We Try At McDonald’s American Samoa
- How We Saved Around $300 In Fiji For 1.5 Hours Of Our Time
- A Family Day Trip To South Sea Island, Fiji
- Fast Food Chains In Vanuatu, Maybe Not…
- A Visit To The EKASUP Cultural Village On Vanuatu
- This Travel Souvenir Has Been Getting A Lot Of Use Thanks To COVID-19