Three years back the Michael W Travels family visited the Great Wall of China during a long layover (on our way home from Myanmar). Our visit was memorable enough that Lucas still remembers tobogganing down the wall.
While we loved visiting the Great Wall of China, imagine how awesome it would be to spend the night there!
Airbnb is offering 4 lucky winners a chance to have the first sleepover ever at the Great Wall.
While I’d love to win this prize and spend a night at the Great Wall, I won’t be entering the contest. The dates that the prize must be taken are not good for my schedule since the new school year starts right around then.
The Prize: (4 Winners) A trip for two to China, including a one- night stay at the Great Wall
Prize includes: (From the T&Cs)
- One night stay on The Great Wall, including:
– Exclusive Evening Experiences : Dinner on The Great Wall, Classical Music Experience, and Calligraphy Experience
– Exclusive Morning Experience: Sunrise Walk on The Great Wall and Preservation of The Great Wall Experience
- Airline Travel from/to the closest International airport to winner’s home to/from Beijing, China with arrival on or around September 3rd
– Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary
– If China resident within 160km/100miles of Beijing, China, ground transport in lieu of air travel
- Travel includes China Tourist visa fee, as necessary
- Accomodations in Airbnb listing in the Beijing, China area from September 3 through September 9 (except for night stay on The Great Wall)
- Accommodations shall include ground transportation to/from airport and throughout your stay and 3 meals per day (700RMB maximum per person per day)
Option to participate in a press conference on September 4th
- Open to Airbnb users who are residents of the following countries only: China(including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), US, UK, India, Japan, Korea, Australia, Germany, Italy, Spain and France who are fluent in Chinese, English, French, Japanese and/or Korean.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to enter.
- To redeem the prize, “each contest entrant represents that they (and their guest) (1) have active Airbnb accounts in good standing, (2) have passports with at least 6 months of remaining validity, (3) are available and able to travel to Beijing, China on or around 3th September – 9th September 2018, and (4) have no impairments or impediments making either unable to travel long distances, engage in strenuous physical activity, or have any issues with heights, narrow spaces, unstable footing, or significant dust or outdoor allergies. If you are not resident in one of the listed countries, are not fluent in one or more of the listed languages, or do not meet ALL Other Eligibility Requirements, you are not eligible to enter or participate in the Contest”.
How To Enter: (from the T&Cs)
- Sign in with an Airbnb account
- Go to the NIGHT AT THE GREAT WALL competition listing page
- Click on the “Enter to Win” button
- In the form provided write an artistic and creative story of 550 characters maximum – [in English, Chinese, French, Japanese or Korean ONLY – answer the question in the prompt below (the “Submission”):Why is it more important now than ever to break down barriers between cultures? How would you want to build new connections?
Enter by August 11, 2018 at 11:59 pm (Beijing Time Zone/Greenwich Mean Time)
Find out more and enter for a chance to win a stay at the Great Wall here.