The SPG Amex cards have been popular due to the ability to transfer 20,000 points to airlines while receiving a 5,000 point bonus. (20K SPG would come to 25K airline miles.)
With changes to the SPG program due to its integration into Marriott, the card (and points) has lost significant value. Up until recently, 1 SPG point transferred to 3 Marriott points. The transfer rate has since been downgraded to 2:1.
I just received an offer for my SPG Amex where I can earn up to 15,000 bonus points for completing various amounts of spend. To earn the bonus, you first need to register for the promo.
With the offer I can:
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after spending $4,000
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after spending an additional $2,000
- To qualify for the bonus, registration is required by September 9, 2018.
- Qualifying spend levels must be completed by October 31, 2018.
- Bonus points for reaching spend levels will be adding to your account ” 2-4 weeks after November 12, 2018 .
- According to the T&Cs, “This offer is only available to the Basic Card Member; however, eligible purchases made by Additional Card Members will contribute to the Purchase Requirements.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
Like most of these kind of offers, the bonus points earned are in addition to the usual points earned for using your SPG Amex card.
I didn’t notice anything in the T&Cs stating that this was a targeted offer.
If you didn’t receive an e-mail about this bonus, you can try to register here.