Are you ready for some football!
Super Bowl 50 will be played on Sunday, February 7 at Levi’s Stadium in California with the Denver Broncos going up against the Carolina Panthers.
While the game is taking place in the home of the San Francisco 49ers, the stadium is actually located a good distance away in Santa Clara.
With the Super Bowl attracting tons of people to the area, Airbnb will definitely be a popular place to book a place to stay.
Just imagine, one Super Bowl rental was going for $8,500 per night!
Airbnb is going to be such an important option for accommodations that they even sent out an e-mail about their “Super Impact on the Super Bowl“.
The article highlights the findings from an Airbnb “report that outlines the positive economic activity that the community will generate during Super Bowl festivities“.
Here are some key findings:
- They project that guests will generate greater than $21 million in economic activity in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and the South Bay due to the Super Bowl.
- During Super Bowl weekend, over 15,000 guests should be staying with Airbnb rentals in the Bay Area.
- The average price of an Airbnb booking is $225 per night which are pretty fair compared to hotel rates in the area.
- Airbnb expects to have guests from over 100 countries booking rooms in the Bar Area. They also expect bigger amounts of rentals in “major media hubs” too.
- Guests will be staying in over 4,000 different listings, many of which are in areas that do not usually get lots of tourist revenue during major events.
Overall, it is pretty interesting to read about the impact and role that Airbnb plays during an event like the Super Bowl.
Find out more here.
If you don’t already have an Airbnb account, sign up through my link to get a $20 credit. I’ll earn a $20 credit after you travel.