I’ve mentioned many times in the past how I like Southwest for their friendly customer service, unorthodox boarding procedure, no change fees and not charging bag fees.
I recently received an e-mail about Southwest’s Transfarency. With Southwest they claim to have low fares and nothing to hide. So things included are 1st & 2nd checked bags, no change fees and free live TV.
While Southwest is boasting about these things, they’re also mocking some other airlines in a funny new campaign/ contest where 3 lucky winners will each get a $250 Southwest gift card.
Southwest is proud that #FeesDontFly when you fly with them. Here is a chart to show how they compare to other domestic airlines:
On the site, there’s also a silly 8 question quiz of Fee or Fake, “testing your knowledge of other airline’s ridiculous fees.” I took the quiz and got all of the questions right.
Here is one of the questions:
Share your story to take a stand using #FeesDontFly. (check out the image at the top.)
There’s also a handy Fee Hacker where Southwest shares “tips on how to outsmart silly fees“.
Here’s an example:
The Contest: Southwest is giving away $250 gift cards to three winners.
There are three entry periods:
- Period 1: 12:01 a.m. C.T. on October 8, 2015 until 11:59 p.m. P.T. on October 15, 2015
- Period 2: 12:01 a.m. C.T. on October 16, 2015 until 11:59 p.m. P.T. on October 22, 2015
- Period 3: 12:01 a.m. C.T. on October 23, 2015 until 11:59 p.m. P.T. on October 31, 2015
You can enter for a chance to win through Instagram or Twitter.
How to enter (from Southwest):
“Share via photo and/or text your airline fee hack, horror story, or helpful tip on Instagram or Twitter during the Sweepstakes Period; incorporate the Southwest Airlines brand by including the Southwest Airlines Twitter or Instagram handle @SouthwestAir; use hashtags “#FeesDontFly” and “#Sweepstakes”.
- Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and DC
- Must be 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence
- Must have a valid e-mail address and an Instagram or Twitter account as of the beginning of any Sweepstakes entry period
- One entry per person per Twitter or Instagram account is allowed each day
Find out more about Southwest Transfarency here.