JetBlue would be offering a direct NYC to Havana flight through its charter partner Cuba Travel Services starting this summer.
Well today was a very special day…
Today JetBlue operated its first charter flight between New York’s John F Kennedy Airport (JFK) and Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport (HAV).
With this flight, JetBlue became the first major U.S. airline to fly the route since travel restrictions were eased.
Flights on JetBlue will now be offered on Fridays from JFK-HAV but you won’t be able to book them through the airline or use your TrueBlue points. Reservations will have to be made with Cuba Travel Services.
Prices for the flight were not listed last time I checked but when I contacted Cuba Travel Services in May through their live chat, I was told they would cost in the $800 range.
JetBlue now offers 5 weekly roundtrips to Cuba with the addition of NYC.
Find out more from JetBlue here.
- CheapAir.com Selling Flights From US to Cuba
- Cuba Getting WiFi Hotspots Around Island
- Amazon Prime, JetBlue’s New Inflight Entertainment Option
- JetBlue Launched Service To New Caribbean Destination
- JetBlue T5 Rooftop Opens For All At JFK