- CNN Travel has an article about a way to avoid baggage fees, even for carry-ons. Find out in their article How To Avoid Baggage Fees: Wear Your Luggage.
- Check out the Top 5 Off-Peak Destinations for Fall 2013 from USA Today Travel. We’re currently at one of them and another was where we went for Lucas’ first trip.
- NBC News Travel has 13 Incredible Ferris Wheels You Have To See To Believe. One of them is located 10 minutes from where we live in Brooklyn and I’ve been on two others The London Eye and Singapore Flyer.
- The New York Times reports on the return of an old United Airlines slogan after close to a 20 year absence “Fly the Friendly Skies”.
- United Hub has an interesting infographic: Meet some of the newest members of the United fleet.
- Skift reports that Allegiant Air is grounding half of its fleet to inspect emergency evacuation slides.
- The L.A. Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks will meet down under to start the 2014 Major League Baseball season according to Johnny Jet.
Travel Deals & Offers:
- If you upgraded to a new iPhone 5S or 5C (or any other smart phone), sell your old smart phone HERE to make some money before it loses value. (If you use my link you will get an additional $10 on your first trade-in and I will also get $10.)
- Take 2 separate trips and earn 1 free night from Choice Hotels. Register for the promo here and arrive for your 2nd stay by November 15.
- Win a trip for 2 to the NYC Wine and Food Festival. Enter by September 25. Find out more here.
- Win a trip to the SEC Championships on December 13 in Atlanta. Enter here by September 30.
- Earn 3,000 MileagePlus bonus miles with United for signing up for MileagePlus Dining. Find out all of the details here.
- Win a Ford Mustang, 2 round trips tickets on Southwest + 7 day rental from Alamo or a 7 day car rental in the Top Down, Wheels Up Sweepstakes. Enter here by November 30.
- Win a Wine Getaway for 2 to France. Find out more details here and make sure to enter by November 30
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send an e-mail to email@example.com.