- My family and I are currently on a trip through the Balkans. Read the most recent post here which also has links (at the bottom) to my other posts abour our trip.
- Outside Magazine has an interesting article about The Wild World of Ejection Survival. Check it out here.
- Earlier in the week it was announced that Expedia will provide “key services” for rival Travelocity. Find out more in the USA Today article here.
- For the first time, scientists witnessed a boa constrictor attacking and eating a howler monkey. Check out the article and see a short video here.
- CNN Travel reports that Melbourne is the world most livable city for the third year in a row according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Livability Survey.
- NBC News reports that Singapore Airlines’ budget carrier Scoot will offer a kids free section called Scoot in Silence at the front of the economy class cabin.
- A few months back Budget Travel had an article listing the 9 Most Colorful Beaches In the World. Check it out here.
Travel Deals & Offers:
- Earn Triple Points with Hertz from September 1-30. To be eligible you must be a Hertz Gold member and register for the offer. Only reservations made after registering will earn the bonus points.
- Use your United miles to bid for a spot on the Star MegaDo 5 where you’ll get to go behind the scenes. The current bid is at 50,000 miles. Find out more here.
- Win $10,000 to spend on a dream getaway from Travel Channel. Sign up for the sweepstakes ASAP- entry closes today.
- KLM is giving away a trip to take the world’s most luxurious train trip between Pretoria and Cape Town. Enter here by Septembe 1.
- Win a trip for 2 to Montreal from Brooklyn Based. The trip includes flights on Porter Air from Newark (EWR) airport, 2 nights hotel and more. Enter here by September 5.
- Enter Hipmunk’s Hawaiian Giveaway for a chance to win a trip for two to Waikiki. To enter you must do so on Facebook or by sending in a postcard by September 13. Find out more here.
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org