I received a pretty tempting offer earlier today where I can earn up to 18,000 bonus miles for flying on United Airlines.
Before I continue, I want to mention that this is a targeted offer and it’s only available to those who received the e-mail invitation.
While I’d love to earn 18,000 bonus miles the timing of this offer doesn’t really work for my schedule.
I need to spend $1,000 by November 1, 2017 on qualifying United Airlines flights. The bigger problem is that travel needs to be completed by November 15, 2017.
Like I mentioned above the offer is really tempting.
There are two tiers for the bonus. Here is how the offer works:
- Spend $800, earn 8,000 bonus miles
- Spend a total of $1,000, earn 10,000 bonus miles
Here are some T&Cs for the offer: (from the bonus offer page)
For this promotion, only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer. The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn Premier® qualifying dollars (PQD) or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.
- Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
- Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
- Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion end on November 15, 2017.
- Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status.
Did you receive this offer from United Airlines to earn the bonus? If so, do you plan to try to purchase a ticket?
(If you need suggestions about which cards are worth applying for, you can e-mail me at email@example.com.)
FYI: If you apply and get approved for a credit card at the links above I may receive compensation. Thank you in advance for your support.