Uber referrals are a great way to earn free ride credits and share free rides with others.
Referral credits typically come to $15-$20 off of a ride. The only negative I’ve noticed with these credits is that if your ride is cheaper than the credit you earned, you lose the remaining amount. (They also expire 3 months from issue date.)
Last night I received an e-mail from IHG for an interesting Uber offer. The only problem is that it only applies to new Uber users.
With the offer, new users can get $20 off of their first Uber ride + 2,000 IHG points!
If you don’t already have an Uber account, there’s no reason not to take IHG & Uber up on this offer. While 2,000 IHG points might not sound like much, it will get you 40% of the way towards a PointBreaks booking.
PointBreaks allow you to book certain IHG properties for just 5,000 points per night. My only problem with PointBreaks has been finding participating properties that I’d actually want to book!
About the IHG- Uber Offer: (from IHG e-mail)
- Promo code and IHG® Rewards Club points will only apply to the first Uber ride for new users and must be entered prior to taking the first Uber ride
- Promo code will only apply to trips taken in the US
- Promo code must be applied by 09/30/2016 and used by 12/31/2016 PST
- Promo code not valid with any other offers
- Promo code will not apply to rides using the TAXI option
- IHG® Rewards Club points will be awarded via digital voucher code
Find out more and sign up for the Uber- IHG promo here.
And for those of you that don’t value IHG points and a larger credit, you could always sign up for Uber through my link here. This probably wouldn’t be a great idea since you’d only get a $15 credit (I would too).