It isn’t easy being a flight attendant.
From making sure everyone gets seated in time for take-off, figuring out the puzzle of the overhead bins, meal-service and making sure that we’re safe, there’s definitely a lot of responsibility involved.
While the job of a FA sounds way too stressful to me in some ways, there are some things that we could all do to help make their jobs a bit easier.
The Huffington Post took a look at a list from the Facebook page of Flight Attendant Career Connection to tell us that The One Thing Flight Attendants Wish You’d Stop Doing.
Here are the things that FAs wish passengers wouldn’t do while onboard:
- Taking too long to know what drink you want.
- Leaving trash in the seatback pocket.
- Keeping your headphones on while ordering a drink.
- Walking around the plane barefoot.
- Poking or tugging their dress.
- Deciding to use the bathroom right before landing.
- Handing them tissues, toothpicks or diapers
- Commenting “how small the plane is”.
- Hanging out in the galley.
- Going to the bathroom while meals are being served.
- Complaining about a tight connection while the current flight is on time.
- Asking to borrow a pen for customs forms.
While looking over the list, I was curious to see if I was guilty of any of these things. I could think of a couple of them that I’ve done on rare occasion.
I do try to give all of my trash to the FA’s when they come by to collect it. However, from time to time I might leave a small wrapper or something along those lines in the seatback. I usually try to toss it out at some point, but there are times we forget. Sorry FA’s!
When Lucas was newer to flying, from time to time we would go for a walk on the plane and hang out in the galley. The thing is, most FA’s loved the company (or at least acted like they did.) Some of them would hold him, open those little closets, offer us another drink etc… I’d also ask if it was OK or if they minded that we were hanging around…
Are you guilty of any of these flight attendant flying no- no’s?
Find out more from the Huffington Post here.
- 12 things FA’s can’t do for you (Although some of them might not be accurate…)
- How To Make Flight Attendants Like You
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Flight Attendant
- Flight Attendants Want Air Rage Fines Raised
- Flight Attendants Gone Wild or Not?
- The Girls of Ryan Air Charity Calendar