NYC Restaurant Week will be starting on Monday, July 20 and will go until August 14.
During the promotion, you can get 3 course lunches for $25 and dinners for $38. This really isn’t so cheap (add in tax & tip etc.) but if you choose restaurants which are very expensive then you might find yourself a great deal.
The last time I could recall taking part in Restaurant Week, Kim and I had an amazing meal at Tom Colucchio’s Riverpark.
These days it seems like American Express is very generous with promos offering (essentially) free money with Small Business Saturday and their targeted Amex Offers.
I got an e-mail from American Express about a NYC Restaurant Week offer.
With this offer, we can get a $5 statement credit up to four times when spending $25 or more in a single transaction at qualifying restaurants during NYC Restaurant Week.
To get this offer:
- You’ll need to enroll your card
- Spend $25 or more in a single transaction at participating restaurants from July 20- August 14, 2015. (You don’t need to order from the restaurant week menu.)
- Get a $5 statement credit up to 4 times. That’s $20 back for nothing really if you were planning to dine out.
A nice thing about this offer is that you can enroll more than one card. So, if you plan to do a lot of dining out at qualifying restaurants and have multiple Amex cards you’ll save even more!
I highly doubt that we’ll be dining at many restaurants during the promo period but I still went ahead and registered three of my Amex cards.
Some Rules: (From Amex)
- Offer valid only for in-restaurant purchases. Not valid for online purchases.
- Enroll any eligible American Express Card until 12am ET on 8/14/15.
- You may enroll more than one Card for this offer, but only those Cards you enroll individually will be eligible for the offer.
- An “eligible American Express Card” is a valid American Express Card issued in the U.S. Corporate Cards and all prepaid card products (other than American Express Serve) are not eligible.
- If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided to you until after 8/14/15, it will not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer.
- Enrollment is limited.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/14/15
- In most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
Have you taken part in NYC Restaurant Week? If so, where did you go and did you find it to be a good deal?
Click here to enroll your Amex cards for the NYC Restaurant Week offer.