OpenTable is a great way to get reservations at lots of good restaurants plus you get a little something back when using the app.
Most dines earn 100 points and the lowest tier award of $20 off is earned when you get 2,000 points. There are also some restaurants which offer 1,000 points per dine which is equivalent to a solid $10 off a future dine.
OpenTable has been pushing the use of their app’s payment option by offering promo codes where you can save $20 on a dine and it’s back again!
For Mother’s Day and now in honor of Father’s Day, you can save $20 off your next dine at a restaurant which accepts the Pay with OpenTable option until 11:59 pm PT on June 21.
How To Save $20 using Pay with OpenTable:
- Have the latest version of the OpenTable App
- Make a reservation and dine at a restaurant that accepts OpenTable mobile payements up until June 21
- Add the $20 credit by entering promo code: lovedad prior to paying the check. (Code can only be used one time.)
I’ve used the $20 Pay with OpenTable credit two of the three times it was offered and had a headache using it both times.
The first time I never saw the charge show up on my credit card bill so I guess OpenTable made good on the credit by covering my tab. I most recently used it around 10 days back. After having issues with the app crashing, I called in and went back and forth on the phone for 40 minutes before leaving with a case # to e-mail OpenTable with. I never got a response to my e-mail so I called in earlier today. I did receive an apology and 2,000 points to cover the $20 credit not working.
Although it was never stated, I believe now that the issue was due to my phone not having the newest updates to the operating system and the newest version of the OpenTable app! (The terms now say that you must have the newest version of the app.)
For this reason, I won’t be trying to use the promo code this week, although I’d like to!
- $20 credit is only available at select restaurants
- Credit is only valid for a dine-in meal paid for via Pay with OpenTable
- Credit is non-transferrable & cannot be combined with any other promotion or coupon code.
- Only one $20 credit may be redeemed per person.
- Must be 18 years of age or older & a resident of the United States.
As long as you have the newest version of OpenTable you should defintely try to dine out and save $20 by using Pay with OpenTable!
Check out a list of participating restaurants in the NYC area here.