Last year I had a great time visiting the Delta Flight Museum which is located at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
When I found out that the Freddie Awards would be held at the museum I knew it was an event that I didn’t want to miss. I’ll be heading to Atlanta on Wednesday afternoon, a day prior to the big awards ceremony.
I was beyond excited and honored to be invited by Ed Pizzarello of the Pizza in Motion blog to participate in an event for a good cause the day after the Freddies, the Delta Jet Drag.
I’ve been extremely busy between work, family, travel and blogging so I’ve missed way too many workouts at the gym… After getting the invite to participate in the Delta Jet Drag, I wish I had hit the gym more in recent months!
All kidding aside, the Delta Jet Drag is an amazing charity event which raises money for a great cause, the American Cancer Society.
The event takes places at Delta’s Global Operations Center on May 1 with over 80 teams, made up of 1,500 people participating.
I’ll be part of a team called Global Hashtags. You can check out the team’s fundraising page here.
If you’d like to make a contribution, it would be greatly appreciated. (All online donations go directly to the American Cancer Society in the team’s name.)
Besides myself, the team of 20 is made up of:
- Scott Mayerowitz, Associated Press
- Jeanne Hoffman, Le Chic Geek
- Rene, Delta Points
- Frequent Miler
- Angelina Aucello, Just Another Points Traveler
- Matthew Klint, Live And Let’s Fly
- Melinda Danielsen, Magic Of Miles
- Ed Pizzarello, Pizza in Motion
- Marshall Jackson, MJ On Travel
- Ben Schlappig, One Mile At A Time
- Points, Miles & Martinis
- Stefan Krasowski, Rapid Travel Chai
- Trevor Mountcastle, Tagging Miles
- Jamie Larounis, The Forward Cabin
- Brian Cohen, The Gate
- Tommy Danielsen
- Scott Mackenzie, Travel Codex
- Seth Miller, Wandering Aramean
- Kathy Kass, Will Run For Miles
If your curious to see what the event is all about, check out this video from last year:
I’m really psyched that I’ll be participating in the Delta Jet Drag.
It’s safe to say that this event is going to be an amazing time. I’m hoping that I have a chance to take a lot of photos (and possibly some videos) to share with you in a future post about the event!