Registration is open for possibly my favorite race of the year…
If you like to get up close and enjoy great views of planes taking off and landing then this race might be for you. Best of all, proceeds from this 5K go to charity and it will have you running (or walking) on a runway at JFK Airport in New York City!
For the past three years, I’ve ran in and had a great time at the JFK Runway Run. This is one of the more unique race courses which offers usually off-limits access to a major airport’s actual runway. (The race actually takes place on a portion of the longest runway at JFK.)
The race is open to runners of all skill levels. Medals are given out to the Top 3 in a variety of age categories but I run for fun. Running isn’t about a fast time for me, it’s about finishing and completing the task.
The 2015 JFK Runway Run will be on April 19, 2015.
Each year there are some great raffle prizes up for grabs including airline tickets.
Last year, I won one of the prizes, a flight to Israel on El Al but still haven’t redeemed my ticket. At this point, I’ve offered it to a family member since the ticket comes with limited redemption dates and it will be quite hard for me to use.
Details about Registering:
- Online registration costs $25 for adults, $20 for students 18 and younger + $3.25 processing fee
- Race day registration is $30
- Register online by midnight on March 30 and your entry includes a race t-shirt
Some Info About the Race:
- Pick up your race number & t-shirt from 7:00AM- 8:15AM on race day
- Race starts & finishers at Building 14 at JFK Airport
- Last bus leaves for starting line at 8:40AM
- The race is a 5K which is 3.1 miles
Check out some of my previous Runway Run Recaps:
- JFK Runway Run 2012
- Teterboro Airport Runway Run 2012
- LaGuardia Airport Runwau Run 2012
- Chicago O’Hare Runway Run 2012
- JFK Runway Run 2013
Are any of you interested in joining us for the 2015 JFK Runway Run? We’ll be getting back from our Spring trip just in time! (I just don’t expect to be in tip-top running shape for it…)
Find out more and register for the 2015 JFK Runway Run here.