Deal sites like Groupon can be a great way to save some cash on entertainment, dining out and a wide variety of items and other services.
I used to purchase lots of these kinds of deals from Groupon, Living Social, Travel Zoo and a bunch of other websites but these days I am much more selective. Since these deals typically have expiration dates, they can become a real pain to use or even forgotten about.
I came across one of the strangest Groupon deals that I’ve ever seen.
Philadelphia burger shop PYT is offering a special deal for a limited time. (A NYC location will also be opening this summer.)
For $144 you can get a card which entitles you to one burger (and fries) a day for one year. According to the offer page, this deal is valued at $4,380. (Burgers cost from $10-$14 each.)
This offer is good at the Philadelphia location and will also be valid in NYC when the shop opens this upcoming summer.
Kim and I stopped by PYT a few years back and enjoyed trying some of their strange burgers. (Two of them made my 5 Bizarre Burgers list.) When we eventually go back or try out the upcoming New York location, I plan try out some different options. (Maybe their spaghetti burger if it is available!)
I do love burgers but would I consider going crazy and buying this insane deal?
Short answer- no.
Even if the NYC location of PYT was already open, I like diversity and trying out burgers from all different shops. As great as burgers are, it’s not something I want to eat every day! I don’t think there is any food that I want to eat every day.
Check out the Groupon offer for PYT here.
20% Off Groupon Code:
Today is the last day to save an extra 20% on up to three Groupon Local Deals. Just make sure to use code: LOVE20 at checkout.
(If you were to use this additional discount for a years worth of burgers at PYT, the price would now drop from $144 down to $115.20.)
- Are These The Best Burgers In America?
- A Burger Worth Waiting For: Holeman & Finch
- Louis Lunch– Birthplace of the Hamburger
- Shake Shack Grand Opening in Brooklyn
- Shacktoberfest– An Alternative to Oktoberfest
- A Great TV Find: Jimmy’s Diner- Brooklyn, NY
- Heavy Metal Burgers at Kuma’s Corners
- Louisville & Nashville Recap- Day 3
- A Quick Trip to Philly- Day 1
- 5 Bizarre Burgers That I’ve Tried
- New Orleans- Day 1 Recap
- Milwaukee Recap: Day 1 & Day 3
- Minnesota Mini-Trip In A Nutshell
- Dallas Trip Recap: Day 1 & Day 2
- Zagat: 10 Crazy Burgers From Around the U.S.